Sunday 21 February 2016

Paper Pieced Muddled Geese - A finished project

Welcome,

I first introduced my English Paper Pieced Flying Geese quilt here.

I have now finally put the finishing touches to it and can call it a finished quilt.



I used my 6" downloadable Flying Geese English Paper Pieces which can be found on Etsy here along with other sizes including 2", 3", 4" and 5".

Due to my printing error this quilt ended up slightly smaller than anticipated with 5.5" flying Geese ... printing errors happen to all of us at times, I didn't notice until I finished.

I used my flying geese 'Muddled Geese' layout - pattern sheets to follow.



I quilted it with simple straight lines following all of the seam lines (or 'in the ditch') around each flying geese block. This also meant that each goose got a quilting line down the centre and the quilt finished with an all over 5.5 inch grid of quilting.


I backed the quilt with a gorgeous purple fabric.  The selvage doesn't tell me what fabric line it's from unfortunately.

Stay tuned for the Muddled Geese pattern sheets, perfect for planning your Muddled Geese quilt whether you EPP it or use traditional machine piecing methods.

Thanks for popping by.

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment