Wednesday 25 November 2015

Bermuda's Quilt - A Finished Quilt

Welcome,

I have a new finish - Bermuda's Quilt:


My good friend, Bermuda, had been collecting fabrics to have a quilt made and way back in June I got these beautiful jewel toned fabrics from her:


Bermuda's Fabric Pull
I knew Bermuda's room was quite dark and that she wanted a quilt that would be bright and airy.  This was confirmed by the mosaic of inspiration quilts that she found and sent to me:


1. Ruby, Pearl & Opal Quilt  2. Unknown  3. Unknown
4. Unknown 5. Charming  6. Kissing Fish Baby Quilt
7. Unkown  8. Unknown  9. Unknown
(I haven't been able to locate sources for all of these quilts, if you know, please provide details so that I can provide credits for them)

I also knew that I wanted to do something original and that I had recently purchased an equilateral triangle ruler, which I had yet to use, so I went with diamonds.


Diamonds are forever, as are good friends.


Bermuda also likes dragon fly's so I included some in this quilt for her



I pieced this into 3 sections and then went crazy with the free motion quilting


The quilting took a LOT longer than I had planned and much longer than the piecing


The finished quilt is a double size finishing at 81 x 84 inches after washing (shown here on a queen bed)


I am so very happy with my first finished full sized quilt. And Bermuda was thrilled with it too - WIN!

I have LOTS more photos, so expect to see another post starring this quilt!

Thank you for popping by
Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment