Wednesday 17 June 2015

Farmer's Daughter Quilt Progress - Instalment 5

Welcome,

I have been a slack blogger, I have been sewing and knitting though.  I have some projects to share and I shall try and catch up over the next few weeks ... it's up to you to make sure I do!
I have tried to share some glimpses on my facebook page, please take a look here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So, I have completed another 4 blocks for my Farmer's Daughter Quilt, past progress posts can be found here.

Farmer's Daughter Quilt Block 58 - Mother's Dream
Completed 7th June 2015
The astute amongst you will have noticed that block 59 is missing, when I came to cut and baste my pieces I noticed that I had drafted the block incorrectly, so I mustn't forget to go back and do this one!


Farmer's Daughter Quilt Block 60 - Noon & Light
Completed 8th June 2015
These blocks are a little brighter, almost fluoro, compared to some of my other blocks, but I like them.  I feel that the differing colours and styles hows the journey of this quilt and believe that once it is all together will work well as the same few colours have been used throughout.


Farmer's Daughter Quilt Block 61 - Northern Lights
Completed 8th June 2015
I am hand stitching this quilt using the English Paper Piecing method, hence the large basting stitches in each block.

Farmer's Daughter Quilt Block 62 - Old Windmill
Completed 8th June 2015
I've also completed some more sashing pieces and cornerstones.  


Farmer's Daughter Quilt Block Cornerstones & Sashing

Quilt stats:
  • 111 blocks - 61 completed
  • 110 cornerstones - 24 completed
  • 32 half cornerstones - 10 completed
  • 28 setting triangles - nil completed
  • 4 small setting triangles - nil completed
  • 252 sashing strips- 49 completed
  • borders?

Thank you for popping by - I must go and prep some more blocks!
Vicki


No comments:

Post a Comment