Monday 9 February 2015

Pixel Heart Quilt - A Finished Project

Pixel Heart Quilt

We had a public holiday here in Australia recently and I spent 4.5 hours hand sewing the binding on this little quilt. Yes, it has taken me that long to blog about it! 
Completed Pixel Heart Quilt
I have went with a mixture of free motion and straight line quilting, I like the combination.
I have free motion quilted hearts in each of the red pixels and kept the background simple with a grid quilted through each of the low volume pixels.  I am really happy with the effect.


I kept the backing simpler still with red and white, including the circus word print strip.


I bound it with the cute red bee print that has been included in the heart, and as usual it was finished by hand.

Did you notice the label?  I have purchased some personalised labels for my projects and I fully intend to label all of my projects from now on



I am pretty pleased with this little quilt. Each square finishes at 2inches. I can picture a more detailed heart with smaller finished squares - maybe that is a quilt in my future!

Thank you for popping by,
Vicki

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely quilt - and just right for the 14th of this month !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt. Love all the the materials used. Do you source locally?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I like that the background keeps the pixelated effect going, and the two different quilting styles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet! And I love your mix of quilting.

    ReplyDelete